About Community Action Partnership
- Established in March 1965 under the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964.
- Nonprofit Organization Incorporated under the Nonprofit Alabama Corporation Act and under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Recognized by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and Other Units of Government to Achieve a National Strategic Plan.
Six (6) National Goals
- Low-Income People Become More Self-Sufficient. (Family)
- The Conditions in Which Low-Income People Live are Improved. (Community)
- Low-Income People Own a Stake in their Community. (Community)
- Partnerships among Supporters and Providers of Services to Low-Income People are Achieved. (Agency)
- Agencies Increase their Capacity to Achieve Results. (Agency)
- Low-Income People, Especially Vulnerable Populations, Achieve their Potential by Strengthening Family and Other Supportive Systems. (Family)
Community Action Partnership changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
To enhance the quality of life through the mobilization of federal, state, and local resources in order to provide advocacy, economic development, and assistance to move low-income people toward self-sufficiency.